Friday, March 30, 2012

Saving Report Parameters

What is the best way to let the user choose report parameters and then save
them?
When the user looks at the report with saved parameters again, it should
show refreshed data for the same parameter selection.
I know how to pass parameters to a report on the URL, but how can I find out
what parameters the user has selected on my report?You can access the parameter values using parameter!
<ParameterName>.Value
Hope that answers your query.
>--Original Message--
>What is the best way to let the user choose report
parameters and then save
>them?
>When the user looks at the report with saved parameters
again, it should
>show refreshed data for the same parameter selection.
>I know how to pass parameters to a report on the URL, but
how can I find out
>what parameters the user has selected on my report?
>
>.
>|||That is how you get the value of a parameter from within the report
designer. I knew how to do that. But I am really asking how to do it using a
web application in C#.NET. I should have been more clear.
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:10db01c4851e$2b389ca0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> You can access the parameter values using parameter!
> <ParameterName>.Value
> Hope that answers your query.
>
> >--Original Message--
> >What is the best way to let the user choose report
> parameters and then save
> >them?
> >
> >When the user looks at the report with saved parameters
> again, it should
> >show refreshed data for the same parameter selection.
> >
> >I know how to pass parameters to a report on the URL, but
> how can I find out
> >what parameters the user has selected on my report?
> >
> >
> >.
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment