Monday, March 26, 2012

Saving Image to Db using ADO. Crystal v6 Problem

Hi folks,

I am really hoping there is someone out there with the answer to my problems?

I need to save customer signatures to our SQL DB and then display them on a Crystal Report. The problem is that the client uses Crystal v6. I am saving the image to an Image field using an ADO rs on a VB6 application. It saves fine and will read back fine. Crystal however has a problem and throws an error "Not Supported".(Later versions of Crystal erad the images fine)

Northwind Database has a Table 'Categories' which as images that crystal v6 is able to display. As of yet I have been unable to save images in this format. I have tried .bmp,.jpg ...... I have also tried appendChunk..

All the images on Northwind start with '0x151C2...'

My bmp start with '0xFFD8....'

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JPEG images start with '0xFFD8...'. According to Crystal Reports web site graphic image support including JPEG was added in Version 8 of Crystal Reports. Version 6 of Crystal support BMP images.

So you have two options. Upgrade to Version 8 of Crystal Reports or convert your images to BMP format before saving in the database.

No comments:

Post a Comment