Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Saving Procedures and Views to remote server

I am using SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio 2005 and I am a newbie.

Once connected to a remote server and database I am able to use SQL Server Management Studio to modify a table and save it. When I modify a stored procedure or create a new one and attempt to save it I get my local dialog box to save to my system with a new name “SQLQuery6.sql.” How do I cause the procedure to be saved to the remote database? If anyone can help this or where I can find it I will appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

When you 'SAVE' the contents of a Query window, you are making a file copy of the contents -so you are asked where to save that file.

If you want to 'install' your stored procedure or VIEW on a SQL Server, be sure the query window is connected to the Server you want, and then just EXECUTE the [CREATE PROCEDURE...] code.

|||

Thank youSmile

Does this also apply to modifying a stored procedure?

|||

Yes, it applies to modifying a stored procedure as well. Just execute your "alter procedure ..." statement on the SQL Server you want to update.

Jarret

No comments:

Post a Comment