Wednesday, March 28, 2012

saving package with Protectionlevel set to serverstorage fails

I am getting this when I try to save my package. Any Ideas?

Failed to apply package protection with error 0xC0014061 "The protection level, ServerStorage, cannot be used when saving to this destination. The system could not verify that the destination supports secure storage capability.". This error occurs when saving to Xml.

Well, as the message says - rely on server storage can't be used when saving to file. It works only when saving to SQL Server (otherwise you would have a file with plain text passwords in it).|||I am getting the same error when I am working on the SQl Server and trying to save it. Is there a security key I need to switch on in the SQl Server to use server storage?

No comments:

Post a Comment