Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Saving Report History

Hi all.

Im struggling with the following problem.

My company produces a report for customers on both an adhoc and a scheduled basis. This report is the same for each customer but the data is obviously different. (filtered by job number)

It is a legal requirement that we keep a copy of each report that is sent to the customer.
It is a company requirement that the data from this report can be rendered into another format.
I am limited to using RS 2000

I have found that I can satisfy the scheduled reports requirement using a data driven subscription and adhoc reporting on job number are no problem either, the problem is saving the reports data so that it can be rendered into another format.

The report history seems to be what I am looking for, as it saves reports in IF that can be rerendered but I am struggling to find a way to generate a report history both on a schedule and an adhoc basis. Am I barking up the wrong tree, is there another way of doing this?

I am not adverse to writing custom data extensions or whatever it takes. :/

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Daren Fox
You can't subscribe to history snapshots, but you can set things up so report subscriptions and history snapshots are generated simultaneously -- set the report execution properties such that a report execution snapshot is generated on the same schedule that you wanted for your subscriptions, then have all execution snapshots also be stored as history snapshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment